I AM INTERESTED IN BECOMING
ARE YOU THINKING OF OPENING YOUR OWN HOME DAYCARE?
Are you energetic and dedicated? Do you love caring for children and have some extra space in your house? Have you ever thought of opening your own home daycare but don’t know where to begin?
Kidz Clubhouse is here to help! We can guide you through this entire process and take care of everything from daycare set up, equipment rental and continuous training & support. Becoming a provider with Kidz Clubhouse allows you focus on what is most important to you!
By partnering with us, you will become part of a team of that is dedicated to high quality of child care and passionate about children’s well being and development. Kidz Clubhouse is a professional and learning space for all of our providers to work, grow and become successful.
At every step of this journey, you will be supported by an experienced and knowledgeable Home Visitor who will mentor and guide you to maximize your fullest potential and help you realize your dream of being self-employed and owning your successful small business.
DIFFERENT KIND OF AGENCY
We know that the success of our agency all depends on you and your hard work and dedication. YOU are the one that is taking care of the children day in and day out and YOU are the one that has established nurturing and caring relationships with not only the kids but also the parents. YOU are the one that has made it all possible!
We are here to tell you that we see how hard you work and we want you to know that we recognize that. Unlike other agencies that pay the providers a percentage of the childcare fees they collect, our providers get to keep all the fees right in their pockets! That’s right, Kidz Clubhouse is the first agency of its kind that allows their providers to keep all the childcare fees and only asks their providers to pay a monthly licensing fee!
WHAT DOES THE LICENSING FEE GET YOU?
Licensed by the Ministry of Education
• Kidz Clubhouse is a licensed home agency and through us you will enjoy the benefits of being a licensed home child care provider, which increases your market by attracting more parents.
• You will be able to offer parents care for $10 a day by 2025, as Kidz Clubhouse will enroll in the program.
• You will be able to accept and care for 6 children. Providers with a licensed agency can enrol up to 6 children. Unlicensed providers can only accept and care for 5 children.
• You will make more money. Providers with a licensed agency can make more money having more children in their care and qualifying for a Provincial Wage Enhancement of an extra $20 per day.
You will have a support system
• If needed, Kidz Clubhouse can help you recruit children into your home (fees apply)
• Our Home Visitor will provide continuous hands-on support and guidance to you. From Indoor and Outdoor Activities and Routines to COVID19 Health and Safety Measures.
• Our Home Visitor is available to offer advice and tools to handle certain situations. If need be - the agency is also involved in handling/solving certain situation between providers and parents.
• Access to professional development such as workshops, seminars, and materials on pedagogy and early childhood development
• Kidz Clubhouse will help you in getting the tools you need to start your own daycare by providing you access to equipment rentals such as cots, high-chairs, educational equipment, etc. (fees apply)
Training & Professional Development
• A paid subscription to PROCARE child care app to communicate with parents.
• Kidz Clubhouse will provide you with mandatory training on How Does Learning Happen (HDLH) and Early Learning for Every Child Today (ELECT). Review Agency and Ministry of Education CCEYA policies and procedures.
• One on one training and support from Home Visitor
• Group workshops and training based on new or revised policies and procedures and the needs and requirements of the team of Providers.
• 20 hours of free professional training per year; Ministry requirement.
Exposure and Experience
• As a provider you will be exposed to different age groups, developmental needs of children, and work with parents and children from diverse backgrounds
• The pleasure and joy of operating your own home daycare and your own business!
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
• Standard First Aid & CPR-C
• A Vulnerable Sector Reference Check for you and all adults aged 18 years and older living in your home
• Health Assessment & Immunization Records (as recommended by Toronto Public Health) for everyone in your home, and all children in your care
• Providing nutritious snacks and home cooked meals in keeping with Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating
• Child care liability insurance (discuss your insurance needs with your insurance company)
• Current immunizations for all dogs and cats
• Smoke detectors on each floor of your home, as well as a fire extinguisher, a carbon monoxide detector and First Aid kits
• Adherence to the Smoke-Free Ontario Act which prohibits smoking of tobacco, the use of electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) to vape any substance, and the smoking of cannabis (medical or recreational) in “a place where home child care is provided, as defined in the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014. The entire premises must be smoke- and vape-free all time whether or not children are present.
• A child friendly environment that includes a clean and safety proofed home, child size furniture and equipment, toys and activities for children 0-12 years old.
• Appropriate areas for indoor and outdoor play, sleeping, eating, toileting and diapering.
• Outdoor space is nice but we can also utilize neighbourhood parks for active outdoor time. Nature walks and community exploration is also wonderful.
• Child sized tables and chairs, plastic dishes, cups and cutlery
• Book shelves, carpet, easel
• Stroller, playpen, highchair, gates, booster seats
• Age-appropriate toys and books
• Water/ sensory bins
• Outdoor toys such as tricycles and other riding toys, basketballs, soccer equipment
ALL WE ASK OF YOU IS
Be able to speak conversational English and complete all required child care forms
Have previous child care experience or training and be a supportive, caring and nurturing educator who can encourage the children to learn by being their partner in the daily learning experiences.
Be willing to take Infants, toddlers, preschoolers and/or school agers
To meet the Ministry of Education regulations (CCEYA, 2014) and abide by all Kidz Clubhouse policies and procedures
To collaborate with Kidz Clubhouse and our Home Visitor in designing and planning daily routines that are nurturing and support children’s health and well-being.
To collaborate with specialized community resources to support and implement the Individual Program Plan (if necessary)
Work with families to understand the children’s needs and create a blend of culture and child development to reflect the four foundations of 'How Does Learning Happen'.